Highlights of David Shallenberger’s experience
The development, facilitation, and oversight of international education programs.
- Has personally designed and run study abroad programs in Latin America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Had oversight responsibility for semester-long programs in Europe and the Middle East, and for shorter programs in Europe, Latin America, the US and elsewhere.
- Has lectured and taught in programs throughout the world, mostly around topics of intercultural ethics, communication, and research.
- Has systematically assessed the impact of short- and long-term education abroad programs throughout the world.
The development and oversight of degree programs in Hong Kong and Oman.
- Developed an undergraduate degree program for working professionals in Hong Kong, and oversaw and taught in the program for five years.
- Facilitated the design and implementation of a graduate program in global management in Oman, and taught in the program.
- Continually assessed student progress and program impact to meet the needs of a variety of audience.
Teaching and advising thousands of students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Taught students from 17 to 75 years of age in Illinois, California, and Vermont within the US, and in a variety of other countries, in Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Major topic areas included: Intercultural Communication; International Education; Qualitative Research (and Program Assessment and Evaluation); and Educational Program Design
Consultation with universities and educational groups in Europe, Latin America, and the United States.
- Workshop, presentation and publication topics include internationalization, quality assurance in education, intercultural communication, the particular needs of mature learners, and the development of professional research skills for program assessment.
- In recognition of his reputation and leadership in the field, he was elected to senior positions in two leading global organizations: NAFSA and The Forum on Education Abroad.
For more information, please see the following:
Dr. David Shallenberger, PhD * Skype: david.shallenberger * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * Tel: +1-603-499-4482